Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Serving Orange County, Los Angeles, Riverside and San Diego
Law Offices of Kenneth G. Marks in Orange County, CA
Motorcycle accident law is a very specialized area of law that requires the experience and expertise of a motorcycle lawyer, with a proven track record. Kenneth G. Marks is very aware of the great bodily harm a motorcycle accident can cause, and he will do everything possible to get you through the physical, financial, and emotional challenges of your accident.
It has been Mr. Marks experience that most motorcycle accidents are caused by the other party involved in the accident. There are many issues that may arise in a motorcycle accident case, some obvious and some hidden. These cases should never be taken lightly and it is important to hire a personal injury attorney with the experience necessary to navigate through motorcycle accident cases.
2008 National Statistics
- In 2008, 5,290 bikers were killed – an increase of 2% from 2007.
- 59% of the bikers killed in 2008 were not wearing helmets.
- Of the motorcycle operators killed in 2008, 30% had a BAC of .08 or higher.
- There were 96,000 bikers injured during 2008.
- In 2008, motorcycle riders accounted for 14% of total traffic fatalities, 17% of all occupant fatalities, and 4% of all occupants injured.
- 35% of all bikers involved in fatal crashes in 2008 were speeding.
- In 2008, 2,554 (47%) of all motorcycles involved in fatal crashes collided with another type of moving vehicle.
- Per vehicle mile traveled, bikers are about 37 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash and 9 times more likely to be injured.
- In 2008, 25% of the motorcycles involved in fatal crashes collided with fixed objects, compared to 19% for cars, 14% for light trucks, and 4% for heavy trucks.
- One out of four motorcycle riders in fatal crashes in 2008 were riding their vehicles with an invalid license.
- Helmets are estimated to be 37% effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle riders and 41% for motorcycle passengers.
- During 2008, 346 young motorcycle riders (age 15-20) were killed and an additional 8,000 were injured.
- 35% of the bikers between 15 and 20 who were fatally injured in crashes in 2008 were not wearing helmets.
- Of the young motorcycle operators (ages 15-20) involved in fatal crashes in 2008, more than one-third (43%) were either unlicensed or driving with an invalid license.
- In 2008, 26% of the young male motorcycle operators involved in fatal crashes had been drinking at the time of the crash, compared with 13% of the young female operators involved in fatal crashes.
- Motorcyclist fatalities reached 5,290 in 2008, accounting for 14% of total crash fatalities.
- This is the 11th consecutive year that there has been an increase in motorcycle crash deaths.
- The number of individuals injured in motorcycle crashes has decreased for the first time since 1998, declining 6.8%.
The injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident are usually severe. Unfortunately, these cases often result in serious injury or death. The most frequent motorcycle injuries include head & brain injuries, internal organ damage, fractures, loss of limbs, or paraplegia and quadriplegia, long-term damage to muscles, tendons, ligaments and road rash.
If you or a loved one has sustained motorcycle injuries or death as a result of an accident, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your losses, suffering and potential future earnings if the person's income supported the family. Kenneth G. Marks will utilize his 29 years of experience in representing motorcycle accident victims to achieve a maximum settlement for you or your loved ones.
Compensation You are Entitled To:
As a motorcycle accident victim you are entitled to the following compensation that is applicable to you.
- Payment of your medical bills.
- Compensation for future medical care.
- Repair or replacement of your motorcycle.
- Medical treatment, whether you have insurance or not.
- Recovery of your loss of earnings and any future losses.
- Reimbursement for your out of pocket expenses incurred.
- Maximum recovery for pain and suffering of your physical injuries and emotional distress.
- Rental reimbursement.
Exercise your legal right as a Motorcyclist!
Kenneth G. Marks offers not only 29 years of experience, but you will receive a free initial consultation to discuss your motorcycle case. He will take his time with you and you will always be treated with the personal service you deserve. Again, it is important to act quickly. You have legal rights and should exercise those rights!